Gurmukh Khalsa, Kundalini Yoga & Meditation Instructor
"Your spirit as a woman has all the knowledge and power you need to give birth and to nurture your baby. It is in your genes. it has been there since you yourself were conceived. You can trust its wisdom."
The following yoga exercises are specifically tailored for strengthening and relaxing the rapidly changing body of a pregnant woman. These simple exercises combined with learned breathing techniques will guide the pregnant woman through pregnancy and labor. All yoga and meditation sets are reproduced here in their original form as taught by Yogi Bhajan.
If you have specific questions about these yoga poses, or would like to attend Gurmukh's West Los Angeles classes, please E-mail her at: , visit her website at: www.goldenbridgeyoga.com, or call her: 323-936-4172. You can contact her or attend her yoga classes at:
Golden Bridge Yoga
Send check payable to: "Gurmukh"
Golden Bridge Yoga, 5901 W. 3rd St.
Los Angeles, CA 90036
2. Sit on heels. Inhale, raise body up. Exhale, sit on the heels, Hands rest on lower waist, 1 minute.
3. Stretch legs out. Support upper body with hands on floor. Inhale, raise right leg up. Exhale, lower leg down to floor. 1-3 minutes. Repeat with left leg. You can use baby earmuffs.
4. Bring the soles of the feet together. Hold hands over toes. For 1 minute, rock side to side on the buttocks. Then, bounce the knees up and down. Continue for 1-3 minutes.
5. Easy Pose. Inhale stretch spine straight, Exhale, relax spine. 1-3 minutes.
6. Come into the squat, feet are flat on the floor. Relax in the position for 1-3 minutes.
7. Easy Pose. Slowly roll head in large circles. 1-3 minutes.
8. Relax on side. Lower leg is slightly bent. Support head with pillow. Inhale, raise leg up. Exhale, lower leg. 1-3 minutes each side.
9. Totally relax on your side.
Pregnancy Yoga Set #2
2. Stretch out both legs and spread them wide apart. Inhale, stretch back up straight, Exhale, lower upper body to left leg. Hold onto toes during the movement. 1 minute to each side.
3. Come onto the hands and the feet. Inhale and stretch the head up, relax back (but no sway back). Exhale, stretch up back (like a stretching cat). 1-3 minutes.
4. On hands and knees relax head and begin to rotate the hips in large circles. 1-3 minutes in each direction.
5. On hands and knees. Inhale, bend head and hips to the left. Exhale, bend head and hips to the right. 1-3 minutes.
6. Relax in baby pose. 3-5 minutes.
7. On hands and knees. Inhale, lift right leg and head up. Exhale, bring chin and knee to chest. 1-3 minutes. Continue on other side.
8. Come into the squat. Begin to move the knees back and forth with the elbows, 1-3 minutes, 9. Slowly roll head in circles. 1-3 minutes.